I’m super excited and grateful to have been nominated for a blogging award! Hooray! Yippee! A lot of WOW!!! And a huge thanks ❤
The lovely shedoeswrite nominated me for a Liebster Award, an award for smaller blogs of less than 200 followers, to point people to little-known spots of coolness on the web. Yay me! Yay shedoeswrite! There are a few rules attached to the nomination so here goes…
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Answering 11 Questions
- What is your favorite word or phrase? My favourite word is drizzle. I love the sound it makes. It’s really onomatopoeic and is lovely to say. Now I’m wondering if that’s weird that I like this word so much (but I have a friend, who shall remain nameless, who’s favourite word isn’t even a real word so drizzle, meh).
- Dogs, cats, or other–and why? Neither. I’m not really a domesticated animal sort of person. I once had hermit crabs though.
- What was the best part of living where you grew up? The botanic gardens (if you’re ever in Rockhampton, check ’em out).
- What’s the best part of living where you are now? The beach!
- What was your last dream about? Staying is a weird little hotel. Why? I have no idea, that’s all I can remember.
- Have you ever pranked someone in an epic way? Not really, the worst I’ve ever done was to tell my partner my car had broken down (on April Fools Day) during the school run when it hadn’t.
- If you could ask your future self anything, what would it be? Are you happy?
- How would you describe your personal style? Surfer, boho, eclectic?
- Have you ever met a celebrity? I’ve met lots of pro-surfers (including world champs), do they count as celebrities? I’m not sure!
- What is your favorite thing to do in downtime? I love to go surfing ❤
- What is the last thing you photographed? Our campsite when the fam were camping last weekend. It was glorious with beautiful cascades, platypus and heaps of kangaroos jumping through the site. Such a wonderful place to camp.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I don’t have any sisters.
- I’m ambidextrous.
- I can’t spell ambidextrous without spellcheck!
- I’ve visited 19 different countries, but wish it were more.
- I have LOTS of books.
- I arrange my books by colour.
- I like being able to fix things myself (including my car)
- I am excellent at procrastinating.
- I am 5′ (155cm) tall.
- I love humidity. My all time favourite weather is when its 28˙C – 32˙C and 95%. Made for the tropics!
- I’m really bad a keeping house plants alive but am a good outdoor gardener.
The 11 blogs I’ve nominated for an award are (in no particular order):
- Activity Fun Time is a great little blog about things to do with kidlets.
- Real Food on the Table for some super delicious recipes.
- Freddie’s Food is another Australian blog with great ideas for kids’ food.
- Feeding Audrey – A chef’s take on food for kids (so good!).
- The Idea of Home because I love the way she writes and hope you will too.
- Dancing with Frogs for inspiration and motivation.
- Stella Raven for beautiful words on mindful parenting.
- Stay-at Home Mum: Doing nothing all day for her insights into stay-at-home parenting.
- Relative Chronology for the beautiful words ( am totally bringing back ‘jammiest’ as a term!).
- Mind Body Sol for the wanderlust.
- Pip’s Food Diary for her take on a beautiful part of this country I love.
11 Questions for my Nominees
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is the last book you read?
- Who is your favourite written character?
- Chinese or Mexican?
- What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
- Why do you live where you do?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Beach or bush (aka surf or turf, country or coastal)?
- What is you favourite song of all time?
- Hot or Cold?
- Are you left or right handed?
So there you have it. A little about me and some wonderful blogs that I hope you’ll pop over and visit. I love them and hope you do too.
Again HUGE, HUGE thanks for this wonderful opportunity and nomination to shedoeswrite!